Friday, September 10, 2010

Another September...

another no-car diet. I believe this is the third year of my participation. My first year struggles have since been remedied now with a stronger front rack to get 40lbs of dog food and a proper rain coat and fenders. The struggles of the second year still remain unsolved. How do you get to a wedding for a weekend? I did however get to Grandma's house for a birthday party, but she lived in Portland MO on the Katy, 66 miles each way in a weekend isn't that big of a deal...

This year marked the first year I actually owed my own vehicle. She is a butte. A '79 Ford Fairmont that is more of a joke to me and moves about every other week at the most and only then because I am afraid to drain the battery if I don't. The biggest challenge I am facing at the moment has been this lingering cold. It seems everybody has it right now so I shouldn't feel too special.

But the best part? Free coffee!

1 comment: