Friday, September 24, 2010

Feel so crummy but can't seem to stop.

I usually ride my bike at least twenty miles a day; primarily this is done getting kids to and from school.

Every morning, I wake up at 4:30, make some coffee, read a little, do some work, get dressed, wake the kids, make breakfast, pack lunch, nag the kids until they are ready to leave the house, and head out the door shortly after 7am to begin my day in the saddle.

Max, my 12 year old son, and I pedal over to Again St. Park to meet the Bike Brigade kids and Ginny. My awesome friend who rides with us every single morning and most afternoons. Thanks Ginny! We stand around chatting, waiting for everyone to arrive and giving the kids a chance to drop their stuff in the bike cart. At 7:20, we head to Smithton to get the kids to school. Ginny and I drop the kids off and head back toward downtown.

Ginny heads to campus and I head back home to pick up Annarose, my 10 year old daughter. We hop on our bikes and head downtown to Annarose's school picking up Ella, our friend, along the way. I drop off the girls and ride to work.

Sometimes, if I am lucky I can even weasel my way into getting paid to ride my bike during the work day.

At 2:30 each afternoon, I head back to Smithton to pick up the Bike Brigade kids, then do the whole morning in reverse. Each morning and afternoon I ride about 10 miles back and forth to school and home.

I usually manage to sneak in a few more miles during the work day running errands, going to lunch, preveiwing ride routes, delivering stuff.

Except for today, there was no school today. I have been working from home in my pajamas all day. I have been sitting at my kitchen table in front of my computer for most of the last ten hours.

I feel like crap. I am so tired and brain dead, I can hardly stand it. I know why I feel so crummy despite the luxury of spending the day at home in my pajamas, it is because I haven't ridden my bike at all today. That stinks!

My husband just came home to save me suggesting a moonlight ride this evening. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment