Monday, February 7, 2011

Refreshing my mornings

Every morning for the past week I have started my day doing yoga. I usually like to take a walk around my neighborhood, but the snowy weather has made that a little more difficult. Having been cooped up in my apartment during the snowstorm, I had to make sure I was staying active. But I have to say, doing 30 minutes of yoga every morning has been very refreshing.

There are so many benefits to yoga. Better posture, increased strength and flexibility, improved balance, and an overall happier mood are just some. I’ve found that starting my day with a clear mind helps me to stay focused and more energized for school and other activities.

Furthermore, just doing something in the morning before work, school, or any other activities you have going on can be beneficial. As the weather gets nicer (give it a month…or two :) ), getting outside for a walk, run, or bike ride can be a small key to a healthier lifestyle. There is nothing better than fresh air and a little vitamin D.

No comments:

Post a Comment